Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pelicanhead

Red mini rose

C Schaffner
15 years ago

I haven't been able to find this mini rose in HMF. Any ideas? I got it from tiny tears years ago. It's hard to get a good picture of the red.

{{gwi:1230630}}

{{gwi:1230632}}

Comments (6)

• msm84
    15 years ago

Did you mean you got it from "Tiny Petals"? If so did you get it at the nursery or at the fair? Some roses they sold at the fair were not always sold at the nursery.

Does the bloom have lots of petals, how big are they and how big is your plant? Your photo is not very clear so its difficult to give you an ID.

• C Schaffner
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Tiny Petals, sorry brain lapse. I got it from the fair about 10 years ago. The plant is only about a foot tall. There are lots of dark red petals with a white base. I haven't been able to get a good clear picture. Here's another one
    {{gwi:1230633}}

• msm84
    15 years ago

I'm sure it is not a Dee Bennett rose, but they sold many other mini roses. Especially at the Del Mar Fair. After doing some thinking and research I think it is "Galaxy". I know it was sold at the fair because I worked for T.P and I also got one ;o) (Mine is not in bloom right now so I can't compare.) Plant size is right and the blooms are about 1 inch across. I have attached a link with a photo you can take a look and see what you think.

"Galaxy"

MsM84 (aka: Ms.Mary)

• C Schaffner
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I think that's it. The name sounds familiar. Thanks so much. I miss Tiny Petals at the fair. It was the highlight of the fair for me, I'd stop and buy two or three every year. Sue was the best. She use to give away roses to children that stopped at her booth. I thought that was so wonderful. She recommended Gizmo one year and it's been blooming nonstop ever since. I have a few more that aren't in bloom I need to post to identify.

• msm84
    15 years ago

I miss T.P. so much! I spent alot of time at the nursery taking care of their display gardens and when the fair started I would help out at the fair 2 times a week to give Sue or Carol a break. Now days I woudn't have the time to do it, but I sure miss my T.P. friends and all the roses!

I only get to drop in here once and awhile so hopefully when you do post again I'll be around ;o)

BTW, I think we got the name right too and as for "Gizmo", its a great little rose thats a bloom machine! I've had to cut way back on my roses so both "Galaxy" and "Gizmo" are in pots waiting for new homes.

• brenda_c
    15 years ago

msm84 Please email me. I want to ask you about some of your roses. Thanks Brenda