Return to the Name That Rose Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
mutated double delight

Posted by kandituft 5 (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 21, 09 at 15:16

This was sold to me as a "mutant" double delight. Everything about the rose except the colors seem to be exactly like double delight. I don't however notice as much fragrance as from the double delight. Any ideas on what it truly is?
mutant double delight 3

mutant double delight 2

mutant double delight 1

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: mutated double delight

Looks like my Love and Peace.

o

how's the fragrance on your love and peace? I need to get a better picture of the folage and entire plant.

o

Hardly any at all. Mine has a vase-like form, a little over 5' tall.
Late spring:
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Love and Peace

o

do you know if love and peace and double delight are related close enough that one could mutate into the other?

o

DianeNJ is probably correct in her identification of your rose. She has considerable rose knowledge (along with terrific photos).

'Love & Peace' is most closely related to 'Peace.' 'Double Delight' is a cross between 'Garden Party' and 'Granada.'

My guess is that the person who told you it was a mutated 'Double Delight' was misinformed.

o

I think she's right about it being Love & Peace too - the plants look almost identical - the person who id'd as double delight though is supposed to be a regional expert employed by the nursery where i bought it which is why i was wondering if there was some genetics that could've caused it to revert - i'm trying to give her the benefit of the doubt, i guess (the regional expert that is)

o

petaloid, thanks for the correction on the spelling (Love AND Peace is a mini, Love & Peace is the HT), I should know better... ;-)

I don't know of any color sports (that's what we call "mutations") of Double Delight.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Name That Rose Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here