Return to the Name That Rose Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help identify this rose

Posted by walterdavidwilson 7a (GA) (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 28, 12 at 23:46

Attached is a picture of a red rose in my garden. Lost the label before I planted it. It is red with the underside of the petals being silver/white. Not much fragrance. Any help? Thanks. Dave.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help identify this rose

This Love ))) It my love now.

o

Could not find the "This Love" rosebush by that name in any of the directories I looked at. Does it go by any other name? Thanks. Dave.

o

Dave, looking this http://www.helpmefind.com/rose/l.php?l=2.3912
Marina.

o

Dave, looking this http://www.helpmefind.com/rose/l.php?l=2.3912 )))
Marina.

o

Dave, the suggested rose is "Love" (not This Love). Both the bloom and the leaves look very much like your mystery rose.

I'll put a link below to marhel's reference, and you can click on the Photos tab to see plenty of pictures:

Here is a link that might be useful: description of Love

o

Thank you Petaloid and Marhel. Yes "Love" is the rose I have. I see that it is a 1980 ARS selection. I have many of the ARS selections, and recently ordered 10 more from Regan Nursery in Calif. First time I have ordered from there. The reviews seem OK. Have my fingers crossed. I am a Master Gardener here in Georgia, and so I want to label them correctly. Many of my roses have been "rescue" roses, that were neglected by other gardeners and they want me to bring them back to life. The people who give them to me often don't have a clue as to their names. Thanks again, all. Dave.

o

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Thu, Oct 25, 12 at 20:58

Most definitely "Love"! Right down to that tell tale white streak down the guard petals!

o

I love my Love rose. Recently saved it from the gophers. It is somewhat of an odd bird - the flower form looks beautiful for a short while, then gets kinda goofy looking - can't really distinguish the white within the red, and bummer - no fragrance. But it is always smothered in blooms, and has somehow crept its way into my heart. And looks identical to your bloom. Enjoy.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Name That Rose Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here