Return to the Name That Rose Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Yellow, Red, and Purple rose

Posted by rachferg Pasadena, CA (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 5, 08 at 0:18

I was visiting Old Town Pasadena a few months ago and a few blocks from the hotel was a brick office complex with the most beautiful roses growing all around it. There was a rose that was yellowish orange in the center, then changed to red with purple tips. It looked like it was glowing on fire it was so vivid.
Does anyone know what the name of this rose is or have any pictures of a rose like this? I want them for my wedding, and the florist has no idea what it is. I've searched the internet with no luck. I live in Georgia, or else I'd go back to the location. Any help would be wonderful!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Yellow, Red, and Purple rose

If a "perfect moment" hybrid tea rose had dark purple tips, it'd be the rose I'm referring to.

o

My thought is that the "purple tips" were signs of an older bloom, or burned or dry edges. The coloring you describe is not typical. There are many bi-colored yellow/red roses. Some that come to mind are Desert Peace, Glowing Peace, and it could have been Perfect Moment.

Florists buy roses that are typically not sold to the general public for growing in their gardens. Some florist varieties that might be similar are Razzle Dazzle!, Circus, Gypsy Curiosa, Flamenco.

Here are a few wholesale florist sites to try to find a rose similar to the one you saw and then you can call some florists with the variety name to see if they can order it for you.
Eufloria Flowers
GLobal Rose.com
Omniflora (scroll down the page to see the list of roses).

o

Hi. What did the blooms look like - a lot of petals or less? What did the plant look like - full and shrubby or tall and leggy? How large were the blooms?

If the roses are planted in a public area I'm guessing they are some sort of common shrub rose which is widely available.

I'd check out Jackson Perkins catalog online.

Maybe Sheila's Perfume or Betty Boop?

Here is a link that might be useful: Betty Boop

o

• Posted by roselvr Burlington Coun (My Page) on
    Fri, Jan 23, 09 at 9:30

I wonder if it's that multicolored rose from 8 or so years ago? Of course I can't find my one catalog that probably has it. It was a rose that either you loved or hated, to some looked dirty when the blooms faded

o
Kaleidoscope

• Posted by roselvr Burlington Coun (My Page) on
    Fri, Jan 23, 09 at 9:39

the name just hit me - Kaleidoscope

Mauve or mauve blend Shrub 1999

and Orange blend Floribunda 1972

Look at the photos & let us know if it's similar to that.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Name That Rose Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here