Return to the Name That Rose Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Can you name this rose?

Posted by Columbine2012 5 (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 1, 13 at 0:44

This rose was planted by my grandma quite a few years ago. I am not sure what kind it is, it is growing next to a climbing rose and has a different shape and smell so I know they are two different types. This one flowers more and later in the season and smells sort of berry-like.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Can you name this rose?

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Sat, Oct 19, 13 at 18:40

It's a lovely rose! Probably a hybrid tea rose, maybe Mr. Lincoln. That one has a lot of fragrance.

You say the climber only blooms once a season and is red like this one? Is it smaller and have fewer petals? It's probably Dr. Huey a root stock used for many years. Not the best of roses but very vigorous so that's why it was used to root other roses on. The original climber has probably died off and the root stock took over in it's place.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Name That Rose Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here