Return to the Name That Rose Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Yellow Hybrid Tea

Posted by ArbutusOmnedo 10 (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 21, 13 at 1:27

Hope you can help me id a rose. This yellow Hybrid Tea has been on the side of my parent's home as long as I can remember. The blooms are usually a mild yellow, occasionally more buttery or lemon yellow.

They are very classic hybrid tea, high centered before opening, and very broad when open. Not much fragrance, but it is pleasing none the less. The best quality of this rose is how long its vase life is. Easily over a week. I'll post a couple pictures. It's frankly pretty sparsely foliated, but it has become a bit shrouded by an Alyogyne Hueglii. The lovely blooms keep coming though.

I've thought perhaps Oregold. Kings Ransom maybe, but I feel like Oregold is the most likely.

Jay

This post was edited by ArbutusOmnedo on Mon, Oct 21, 13 at 14:24

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Yellow Hybrid Tea

Before opening.

o
RE: Yellow Hybrid Tea

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Sat, Oct 26, 13 at 11:37

Oregold was introduced in 1975 so if it's been there longer than that it can't be that. King's Ransom is from 1961.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Name That Rose Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here