Return to the Name That Rose Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pink Rose ID

Posted by averybird Zone 5b, WA (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 6, 06 at 10:43

Hello everyone, I inherited this rose with my house and would love to know it's name. It is sort of a cross between a climber and a bush up against the front of the house. Flowers once in June (with maybe a few stray flowers later on). Has large thorns on the main branch, but not overly thorny. I just looked and some hips are forming now. Any help would be appreciated.

Regards, Kristi

CLICK ON LINK FOR BIGGER/MORE PICS!

Here is a link that might be useful: More Photos Here

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pink Rose ID

What about fragrance?
Olga

o

Yes, I believe there was fragrance but I can't remember any details.

o

Could that be 'Carefree Beauty' aka 'Katy Rose Pink'?
alida

o

Check out Prairie Princess or Prairie Joy, sure looks like one of them.

Valerie

o

Hello,

lokks like 'Threse Bugnet' or 'Sarah Van Fleet' to me. 'Sarah Van Fleet' has more rounded foliage, 'Thrse Bugnet' has 'lilac' stems (Cinnamomea)

o

If it only blooms once a year, i would be looking at the hybrid China or hybrid Bourbon roses. I'll take a peek at some.

Fragrance? When it blooms this year, get some good shots of the sepals, and close-ups of the foliage. It's really lovely!

A

o

Looks a lot like climbing Old Blush to me.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Name That Rose Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here