Return to the Name That Rose Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Could my rose be ACapella ?

Posted by ymfoster Melb. Vic. Aust (My Page) on
Wed, Nov 2, 05 at 4:54

I am still undecided about my rose,
it has just started blooming again & I've taken more photos, it is very much like ACapella but only has a mild perfume & I have counted 50 petals on my last one,
I wonder if anyone could tell me any more on this one ?

I have more photos on the page below & there are some on HMF posted by others,
Thanks, Yvonne

http://photobucket.com/albums/b346/ymfoster/Roses/

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Here is a link that might be useful: Help Me Find

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Could my rose be ACapella ?

Just a cautionary note here:
You're in Australia, which is now having its Spring season. A rose's petal-count during the Spring flush can be misleading. Most of my roses (hybrid-teas) have a lot more petals-per-bloom during their Spring Flush than they do in later flushes. For example, in Spring my Double Delight has 50+ petals, and my Peace tends to have 60+ ...significantly above the "normal" number during the rest of the year.
So... your rose's petal-count of 50 is likely to be lower in later flushes.
Hoping this info is helpful,
JohnReb

o

Thanks JohnReb,
That's very helpful,
I had noticed that to some degree, but didn't realise it could be such a big difference, we have had more rain this Spring so everything has an effect I suppose,
Thanks for your reply,
Yvonne

o

I have had my rose confirmed as Acapella by a rose enthusiast who also has this rose amongst his hundreds of roses, so it has been solved,
Thanks, Yvonne F

o

You may already know about HelpMeFind dotcom (for rose-info). If you don't know about HMF, take a look at HMF's webpage for Acapella (at the following URL, or use the hotlink at the end of this post). Be sure to click the Photos tab on that webpage, to see additional photos of Acapella.

http://www.helpmefind.com/rose/pl.php?n=28617

By the way... I'm not disagreeing with the rose enthusiast who said your rose is Acapella. I do agree. I'm just saying you can get additional confirmation at HMF's Acapella webpage & photos.

Regards,
JohnReb

Here is a link that might be useful: Acapella at HelpMeFind dotcom

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Name That Rose Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here