Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pratik123_gw

want to know the name of my rose

Pratik123
9 years ago

hi everyone! I have a very gorgeous rose in my garden.The blooms are pink all over with whitish lateral stripes running from tip to end of every petal.Also it emits a delightful sweet fragrance.I searched the net and found out maybe these varieties are called tiger roses,but I do want to know the exact name of blooms of this particular colour and variety.Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated :)

Comments (7)

• seil zone 6b MI
    9 years ago

Can you give us more info? Where did you get? How old is it? When did you plant it? Does it climb or is it a shrub? How big is the bush and the bloom size? Does it bloom just one to a stem or in clusters of 3 or 4 blooms? If you can get more pictures of the the bloom in different stages from bud to fully open and even faded plus some of the leaves and the whole plant that would also help.

• Pratik123
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I got this plant just the previous week from a local nursery.It is a shrub,not climber variety and the flowers do not grow in clusters,blooms just one.one of my friends has the same plant in her garden and it grows to heights of around 5 feet.It is quite a large and showy flower and is sweetly scented.I want to know what is the name of this rose variety.Hope this info helps.thanks

• Pratik123
    Original Author
    9 years ago

here is another picture

• seil zone 6b MI
    9 years ago

There are many pink striped roses that it could be. I would suggest you contact the nursery and ask them. They should know what varieties they carry.

• Pratik123
    Original Author
    9 years ago

• HoosierBob SW Indiana Zone 5
    9 years ago

It's been a few years since we had a backyard full of roses, but I've always liked the striped ones. I also like fragrant roses, so yours fits the bill for me. I am not that familiar with recent varieties, but have a few suggestions. Many striped ones arise as sports from solid colored plants and vary only in color. Candy Stick is a sport of Better Times, a florist rose raised by the thousands, with many sports in its lineage. I am not that familiar with that one. Careless Love is another oldie, and very fragrant, too. However, it is quite unstable in color, though has the great fragrance of it's parent, Red Radiance. It would also be very globular in form, which doesn't look like yours. My best guess for you is that you MAY have Candy Stripe, a sport of Pink Peace. It is a fairly modern HT, so has single blooms as you describe, and has the same wonderful fragrance of its parent, which is one of my favorite roses. None of these may be correct and you could have a more modern variety than any of these. You might check pictures of the ones I mentioned in helpmefind.com and see what you think. Enjoy your rose! Bob

• msdorkgirl
    9 years ago

This one is really pretty ... I have too many pink ones but I'll add one of these for sure, the stripes are so appealing! Thank you for sharing, I'm bookmarking this just in case someone does identify it.