Return to the Name That Rose Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Correct name?

Posted by pelicanhead 10 southern Ca (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 24, 08 at 19:13

I bought this rose and it was labled Double delight. I have two other double delights and they don"t look anything like this one. It looks more like cherry jubilee to me. What do you think?

Photobucket

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Correct name?

• Posted by kstrong 10 Southern Calif (My Page) on
    Thu, Dec 4, 08 at 17:20

You should be able to tell by the scent. If its strong and clove-like, then it's double delight. If absolutely no scent whatsoever, then, probably Cherry Parfait. If some, but not much scent, then check out Mon Cheri.

Kathy

o

• Posted by beth NorCA 9 (My Page) on
    Fri, Dec 5, 08 at 21:51

Looks kinda like DONNA DARLIN' to me.

o

Thanks so much. I went out and smelled both flowers. It's definitely NOT double delight. There is hardly any scent.

o

• Posted by suzyr Zn. 9 Central,Cal. (My Page) on
    Mon, Feb 16, 09 at 12:26

I think its cherry parfait I have donna darlin' but I don't believe that is your rose.
SuzyQ

o

I am betting on Cherry Parfait, a wonderful rose for me.
Kathy

o

• Posted by beth NorCA 9 (My Page) on
    Tue, Mar 3, 09 at 22:27

CHERRY PARFAIT.

o

I'm pretty sure it's cherry parfait. I love it. Since I already have 2 double delights, it's Okay for me that it was mislabled.

o

If it has no fragrance, then it is Cherry Parfait.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Name That Rose Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here