Return to the Name That Rose Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Please Identify this rose.

Posted by linjon 5 (My Page) on
Thu, Nov 1, 12 at 21:01

We bought our home in 1981. There was a rose bush next to the house that was about 4-6 feet tall. That has since died but there are some smaller ones that are in the front yard. They struggle each year because snow piles up on them due to their being where the driveway is. I would like to try to find out what this rose is as I want to see if I move it to a spot with less snow pileup but a little more shade it will be able to do better. The canes on it must be propped up when it blooms or the weight of the blossoms make the canes lie on the ground.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Please Identify this rose.

This is a photo of the thorns on the rose I am trying to get identified.

o

This is the bud of the rose.

o

Another photo of the rose.

o

Please ignore the previous poster's spam.

Your rose looks like an older, heritage variety, and I suggest that you ask your question again on the Antique Roses forum.

You could give them a link this thread or re-post your excellent photos there.

Here is a link that might be useful: Antique Roses Forum

o

It looks like a Burbon Rose called "Gourdalt", try looking on the webstie everyrose.com

o

It looks to me like Sweetness Grandiflora. My canes need support too.

o

That is the unmistakeable 'Banshee'.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Name That Rose Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here