Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
displacedclevelander_gw

John Doe deserves his rightful name

Before I really got into roses, I bought this awesome rose at Costco. Shoved it in the ground. Tossed out the container (with the name on it) and forgot about it. In the interim, this little shrub has turned out to be such a gem...! Thanks to this shrub, I've gained the confidence to grow since have planted 10 or so more.

I'm guessing that he is Oktoberfest but I could totally be wrong.

Description:

-- He is leggy like a hybrid tea. Each bloom is unique and the colors are definitely an orange blend. Orange. A bit of yellow. Light pink melting into hot pink. The intensity of the color changes with the heat. Normal thorns. Winter hardy (at least for my zone) and seems to be pretty disease resistant. Nice dark green foliage. No fragrance whatsoever (which is a total bummer). He is quite the stunner. If he was fragrant, Liberace would be an appropriate name.

I've labeled the mystery rose as an Oktoberfest but that's just a guess. If you click on the second page of photos, you'll see more photos of him. His colors really lightened up in the intense heat. As I was looking at my photos, I realized that I mislabeled Scentimental as Scentsational in one of the photos-- my apologies.

Thank you in advance for your help with this! You have no idea how excited/hopeful I am that someone on here can identify my John Doe for me!

Can't figure out how to post photos (read & reread the instructions) so I apologize for the extra work:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/loudgazelle

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County