Return to the Name That Rose Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Needs a Name: Medium Pink Rose with Bright Yellow Center

Posted by newsview 23 (My Page) on
Thu, Dec 7, 06 at 4:06

Hello,

Today, following on the heels of two prior posts to this thread, I have a new rose for your helpful consideration.

My first post in this Rose ID thread is titled "My Favorite Rose Ever but I don't know the name!". (I'm still taking input on that canary/magenta rose, if you can spare a moment.)

The second post, yesterday, contained four images in a single file: A mystery pink rose, red bloom, pink & white mini and, finally, a pink/peach blend (HT/Grandiflora?). I'm still very much interested in your take on those images, too. (The mystery pink and red blooms in that thread date back to a previous homeowner, which would date them to the 1980s or earlier; however, the last two images are recent untagged purchases.)

In this most recent thread, I unfortunately have even less to go on than in the prior threads. The bloom pictured was presented to me as a cut rose for a vase; as a result, I don't know the orgin. The picture was taken in January 2002. I'm now planting roses and would like to obtain one for my new garden if it is still commercially available. It struck my newbie eye as perhaps distinctive enough that it might ring a bell or two (or at least look pretty to view, LOL).

Thanks in advance for any ideas you may have. I appreciate the help!

Image link: Needs a Name: Medium Pink Rose with Bright Yellow Center (10 k)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Needs a Name: Medium Pink Rose with Bright Yellow Center

Diana, I think I stumbled on the closet rose that I've come to looking like this one. It's called Sweet Vigorosa (Neon). If you look it up on HMF you'll only find it as Neon. One description is as an orange and the other is as a medium pink with a yellow center. I found this rose at Ashdown looking at Floribundas, this shrub grows between 3-5' tall BTW. You might see if this is in the new Rose book you got. Leslie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Name That Rose Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here