Return to the Name That Rose Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Red center, yellow on the outside?

Posted by roxy77 Houston Z9 (My Page) on
Sun, Dec 17, 06 at 10:06

Can anyone recognize this rose in this basket? I tried searching around the internet...but there are WAY to many types of roses.

I'd like to plant one, or one like it for my husbands grandmother.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Red center, yellow on the outside?

If you look on the link below, you'll see photos of florist roses. Look closely at Lipstick and Gypsy Leonidas.

Anyway, the florist who prepared that beautiful bouquet may well know the variety name of the rose they used in it.

Florist roses thrive in controlled conditions inside greenhouses. Sometimes they are not easy to grow outdoors.

You might do better with a garden rose that is similar in appearance, or one with a name that has special meaning. HelpMeFind.com has a search function for roses by name.

Here is a link that might be useful: florist roses

o

My vote is for Gypsy Leonidas too (just plain old "Leonidas" is usually more brown than orange). Since you are in Houston, you can handle roses grown on Fortuniana rootstock, so I'll point you to K&M Nursery (Mr. Jim Mills), no web page, send him an e-mail at millrose@netpathway.com or call (601) 648-2908 (during the week) to ask if he might have this available.

o

• Posted by roxy77 Houston Z9 (My Page) on
    Mon, Dec 18, 06 at 12:51

petaloid, I didn't even think to ask the florist...duh! thanks for all the usefull information! Judging by the pictures it's closer to lipstick than the gypsy one.

diane, thanks for the referral. I will check it out...

You guys are wonderful!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Name That Rose Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here