Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
wanna_be_rose_grwr

I know this is a stretch...

wanna_be_rose_grwr
15 years ago

Hi everyone,

Another newbie, here! I am a struggling rose grower at best, but have read tons of helpful information from all of you expert rose growers and I've enjoyed the photo's and comments, too!

I know this is out there but I was wondering if any of you have some of the old Jackson and Perkins catalogs from around 1989/1990/1991 that might help me identify this numbered rose I acquired years ago from my Dad, but lost to a teething puppy! Dad was the rose grower and bought many of the J & P roses until he couldn't care for them anymore. I ended up with his last "numbered" rose order which had this beautiful pink rose with the most intense fragrance. I don't know how to distinguish the different smells, e.g. fruity, damask, tea, etc. I recall it being something like Double Delight. To me, that is a strong, typically "rose" scent.

Its been many years since this rose died and I've tried to identify it from pictures and descriptions, but I'm just confused now. Would any of you might be able to identify this rose? I had it for such a short time but have missed it so much. The blooms were huge, and put me to mind of La France, but don't know. I've tried to get information from J & P, but was told their records don't go back that far.

The pictures are scanned from old photo's so they aren't the best and there may be a slight color variance. I don't know if this is enough information to help any of you or not, but I thought maybe someone might have an old catalog that would have that information in it.

Thanks for any opinions!

Jill

Image link:

Comments (3)