Return to the Name That Rose Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
See if this works this time!

Posted by wanna_be_rose_grwr 8 (My Page) on
Thu, Dec 11, 08 at 20:09

Hopefully this will put my pictures in here...maybe?

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

YESSSSS! Okay, so here's the J&P rose I'm trying to identify! Thank you for any help!

Jill

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: See if this works this time!

It reminds me a little of my Perfume Delight, so I'll throw that out as a suggestion to get you started (have you already done a search on helpmefind.com/roses?)

I'm sorry I don't know whether J&P sold it during the period your father was acquiring roses, but it was first introduced in the 1970's and is still sold today. Good luck! Dawn

Here is a link that might be useful: Perfume Delight

o

Hi Dawn!

Yes...that's where my confusion comes in! I've looked at many roses on the Helpmefind.com website and searched on several nursery websites as well. Perfume Delight was a thought and Fragrant Memory has been suggested, too. I have found several roses with similar characteristics, although there might be some differences in regards to color, scent, growth or introduction. That's where I'm hoping someone with some old J&P catalogs or brochure information might come into play, since this was a test panel rose. I've only been able to identify one other rose from that group and that was "Pleasure".

I thank you for your suggestions and will keep Perfume Delight on my list of "possibles"!

Happy Holidays!
Jill

o

• Posted by roselvr Burlington Coun (My Page) on
    Fri, Jan 23, 09 at 9:45

I know this is out there but I was wondering if any of you have some of the old Jackson and Perkins catalogs from around 1989/1990/1991 that might help me identify this numbered rose I acquired years ago from my Dad, but lost to a teething puppy

Wish I could help.. I didn't start saving catalogs until the late 90's.

Beautiful rose.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Name That Rose Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here