Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sarubin_gw

What rose is this?

sarubin
14 years ago

This red rose (color like a red Crayola crayon) has a relatively complex petal structure and both the flower and the bush arers relatively small (probably Floribunda). The rose has no smell. I bought it both as a bush and a tree rose. The dark green foliage is very shiny. Very disease resistant in our coastal Southern California cimate. The accompanying picture shows the rose in a much-advanced stage of opening with progressive darkening of the petals. Can you help me with this.

Image link:

Comments (3)

• petaloid
    14 years ago

It's a little hard to identify from your photo, and it would help to see stems, foliage, bush, etc.

I have a plant of Double Knockout, which is a popular red floribunda that blooms well, has good disease resistance and very little scent. That might be the variety you have.

I will put a link below to some photos, and you can click on the tab at the top left for a description:

Here is a link that might be useful: Double Knockout

• diane_nj 6b/7a
    14 years ago

Europeana? More photos, please. Thanks.

Here is a link that might be useful: Europeana info at Helpmefind.com

• sarubin
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks "petaloid" and "diane nj." Looking at your postings, it's not Europeana; it might be Double Knockout. The few remaining canes on the bush are now dormant and I substantially cut them back. But, if I can get some blooms in the early Spring, I'll try again with pics of both foliage and bloom.

Sponsored
Mary Shipley Interiors
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars32 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 10x Best of Houzz