Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bubbledragon

Can I do it?

bubbledragon
19 years ago

Well, after reading through these posts and a bunch of information, I'm going to attempt organic growing. Mostly because of my propensity toward migraines, the dog running around the yard, etc. That and I... kinda want roses to smell like they should.

I, however, am also new to growing roses, and plan to order a few mini's from Noreast for my birthday (late april, perfect timing for my zone) I'm in western PA, it's humid here, but still rather mild temperature wise in the summer.

I've chosen a few, most of which say 'disease resistant' in their descriptions. I know moonlight scentsation is new, so no one will have experience with that, but I'd appreciate input on the others, especially from my zone.

1 - Baby Boomer

1 - Moonlight Scentsation

1 - Pacific Serenade

1 - Salute

1 - Sweet Fairy

Am open to anything, really - these ones looked the best to me. I lean toward pinks myself, though my favorite color is really orange. But if you think I'm making a mistake, let me know.

When I get em in I was planning to throw a bannana peel and some coffee grounds into each to pot before repotting them up, then use this Cornell method everyone talks about, in addition to good old blasts of water, if I see buggies. I've seen mention of eggshells - what is the purpose of this?

Thanks in advance,

~Bubbles

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County