Return to the Organic Rose Growing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Baking Soda and water

Posted by colom2930 (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 6, 07 at 0:41

I live in Arizona is in the high 80s and I want to spray the baking soda w/ water on some of my rose bushes they have fungus. Can I spray at any time during the day and it won't damage the plants.

I burned my plants with dish soap, lemon, oil and water mixture and I definitely do not want to do that again.

Thank you

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Baking Soda and water

The baking soda won't stick unless you put a little soap in the mixture.

Make sure the soap is Ivory liquid or some other plain, non-antibacterial, non-scented soap.

And lemon might burn your roses even if it wasn't hot outside--I wouldn't use any citrus on plants you want to keep!

o

I just used a baking soda spray on my new roses for white mold and aphids.
It actualy worked better than the ortho nasty gag spray.t he mold has not been back even though my don Juan clibers only get sun from 1-6pm. I used the ortho four times and it always came back!
This is the spray recipie I used
2 tbls baking soda
2 tbls dish soap
2 tlbs vegetable oil( I actualy only had extra virgin olive oil)
1 gallon water
or use an old 1 quart windex bottle rinsed very well and use 1/2 tbls each.
I would spray when it is sunny because it washes off easy every 2-3 days for fungus and every 5-7 for bugs.
drench plants getting undersides use as much as you want!

o

I just have Dawn in the house, will it work or is it too harsh for the roses?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Organic Rose Growing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here