Return to the Organic Rose Growing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How long to wait to spray Cornell on new roses?

Posted by trberry5 6b (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 21, 04 at 11:36

I just received 3 new rose bushes and am wondering if I need to wait to start them on Cornell. I mean, i don't know what the nursery used on them and don't want to risk burning the leaves if they've used sulfur or something.

What do ya'll usually do?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How long to wait to spray Cornell on new roses?

• Posted by Kimm1 4a/5b-MI (My Page) on
    Fri, Apr 23, 04 at 7:13

If these are potted and already leafed out you could start spraying now, if its necessary. If these are bare root there is no reason to spray until they leaf out.

o
RE: How long to wait to spray Cornell on new roses?

I disagree on the basis that research has shown that blackspot is carried in lesions on the canes. This is all the more reason to spray the canes thoroughly whether they have leafed out or not.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Organic Rose Growing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here