Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rozanna_gw

Spider Mites - Help

rozanna
19 years ago

overrunning me - how do I get rid of them and keep in mind that I have 400 rose bushes in the ground and more rooted babies in their holding area.

Comments (6)

• Bettyv
    19 years ago

Rozanna,

Spider mites hate seaweed. Get some Bioform liquid and spray all your plants. Get Bioform dry and use it as a fertilizer.

Knock on wood - I haven't had a single spider mite since I started using these products - three or four years ago!

Bettyv

• michaelg
    19 years ago

Rozanna,

Here is an evaluation of high pressure water wands by TAMU. I think it would take about an hour to do 400 plants. It would need to be done every three days for a couple of weeks and then occasionally.

• Field
    19 years ago

Rozanna, I answered this elsewhere. But I don't understand. Spider mites usually show up on roses in need of moisture, and I thought you had had plenty of that this year.

• rozanna
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Field - we have had lots of rain. I have never seen the like of how many I found this morning. Can I use the cornel formula on spider mites.

• rozanna
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Field, I just assumed they were spiter mites. Not sure - tiny small, shake blooms over white paper and see tiny little tan things cralling around - is that a spider mite or a thripe - not an aphid I know.

• User
    19 years ago

Thrips. Insecticides are the only managment tool that is really effective.

Sponsored
M&Z Home Services LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Established Home Remodeling Expert Since 2012