Return to the Organic Rose Growing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need Organic Cure For June Bugs Eating Rose Blooms

Posted by alameda 8 (My Page) on
Fri, May 13, 05 at 20:02

June bugs are munching the tops of my rose blooms [at least I think this is what it is, have seen them on the blooms]. It looks like the tops of the blooms are chewed/discolored. What can I use organically that will deter these pests? I have a receipe for jalapenos and garlic, put in a blender, strained, then mixed with water to deter spider mites. Would this work to deter june bugs? Whatever is getting to some of the blooms makes them open discolored and ugly. Or maybe its not june bugs....whatever it is, I would like an organic receipe to put a stop to it. Thanks for any suggestions!!
Judith

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need Organic Cure For June Bugs Eating Rose Blooms

Pick them off with your hands and drop them into a bucket of soapy water. Nothing "deters" bugs. If they bother you, you have to kill them to stop them. Handpicking them or spraying them with soapy water (rinse your roses afterwards) is about as non toxic as it gets when it comes to dealing with insects.

o
RE: Need Organic Cure For June Bugs Eating Rose Blooms

Also, put some birdbaths and/or birdfeeders near the roses.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Organic Rose Growing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here