Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tulipsmiles

Calendar of (organic) Prevention

tulipsmiles
14 years ago

Hi All,

I recently had a severe case of Rose Slug, I believe, all over my roses. It was disheartening to watch them get eaten.

I started my rose garden last season, so it has been in great anticipation, that this years blooms arrive. Well, they were decimated by this 1/2 inch green caterpillar and have yet to bounce back, or offer a single bloom. There is not one un-eaten bloom on any of my rose plants.

My question is, what can I do, looking forward, to remedy any future disappointment in my rose garden??

Do you all follow some sort of calender of prevention? What should I be looking for next?

I really, really, really want to keep to the organic practice, but I must admit, I was incredibly tempted to purchase some heavy duty chemical to get the little buggers! (as the garden lady at Lowes told me to do) This make my life much happier and easier.

BUT... I didn't do it. So can any of you offer some guidance as to what I can do now to prevent any future bugs that we know are on their way, or Black Spot perhaps. Do you all follow a regiment? When do you start?

Thanks!

Tulipsmiles

Comments (2)