Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
velvett_gw

Newly planted roses

Velvett
19 years ago

I just planted 4 new rose bushes yesterday :)

Marilyn Monroe

Social Climber

Habitat for Humanity

Gemini

I have 3 other HT that are very very sad looking that I moved yesterday too. I can't figure out what to do with them! I am very new to roses as you can tell

I amended the soil with a little Ironite and Bone meal, threw a bit of the bone meal in the bottom of each hole. I hadn't done that for the original 3. It has been raining for two days here and looks like rain again today! I planted in a steady rain so I didn't water, and I didn't spray anything for fungus yet, which is all over the other 3 -

{{gwi:1231570}}

{{gwi:1231571}}

My question is should I put any of my "stuff" on these new plants? I have rosetone for fertilizer, I bought some Neptune's Harvest seaweed fertilizer as well. I am working on finding some alfalfa, we are not in a rural area at all.

I have seen a couple threads that the Neptunes can go in with the fungicide? I am asking here as it looks like you guys use the Neptunes more than the Rose forum.

Also it was suggested to use some osmocote for timed release fertilizer and epsom salts. What do you think?

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!