Return to the Organic Rose Growing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
what to do now?

Posted by olivia22 6, WV (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 2, 10 at 9:56

I've got my frozen banana peels (quite alot actually) and I'm currently drying coffee grounds. I've got 5 double knockouts that I planted in April. They are still relatively small (about 1-2 feet tall, and the same wide).What do I do with these peels and grounds now? I've heard to blend them with water and pour it into the mulch around the plants, but how much? how many peels per gallon, and how many cups of grounds? I didn't prepare for this....can I do too much and injure them?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: what to do now?

Hello Olivia, I'm not sure which recipe or method you are referring to, but it sounds like a great idea! I usually just bury banana peels and/or coffee grounds in the compost/mulch around my roses, and let them decompose naturally. I don't think you need to worry about being too precise, because you're not using chemicals, and no, I don't think you can harm them with banana peels and coffee grounds; mine sure seem to love it! I've never heard of blending them; it probably gets more nutrients to the roots faster. I think I will try that method, next time I feed my roses! I wish you and your roses a great growing season! Maybe someone else has a specific recipe....

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Organic Rose Growing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here