Return to the Organic Rose Growing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
need online research links on benefits of organics....

Posted by serenasyh 5 Kansas (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 22, 09 at 19:05

Hi, everyone! I have gotten myself into quite a discussion at our main rose forum of why haven't more people tried organics... Someone wrote a claim that they had found an online article that said commercial chemicals were far more benign than organics... I have some links but not a whole lot to counter this and would like to bring some of these findings to the other forum... Does anyone have any online research articles, whether it be healthy soil, natural means of insect repellents, anything written up by various rosarians and scientists and biologists who have actually carried out scientific research that I could bring to the other forum?

http://forums2.gardenweb.com/forums/load/roses/msg0617130118444.html?24

Or can someone here add their success stories to this thread... Thanks for all your help! May organics LIVE ON! Cheers!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: need online research links on benefits of organics....

For many people, especially those that will make statements like "commercial chemicals were far more benign than organics" no matter what source you use they will find one that seems to contradict what you posted. It is a waste of time to try to argue with those people.
For those that seem to be really interested in going organic simply use reason to convince them.

o
sigh...Kimmsr, you are so right, I have opened...

up a can of worms, looks like! I was pretty surprised at the huge uproar that my organics post created... But the sad thing too is that I do feel that organics is the perfect route for newbies and just wanted to have a little food for thought for them... It's like why not just give it a try...we don't need flawless gardens. I live with a few holes here and there, but I have tons of untouched healthy leaves, my blooms still look very pretty, there's stuff to spare...my roses are free from BS and mildew, so why not try the organics...

I still hope that I can get some links though for those who have not been hardened into "say no! to organics, because it's so-called useless and ineffective" to yes! this is interesting, this may actually work... Since I'm too new to roses and gardening I don't have enough online readings and links, but I'll go ahead and start posting what I've got...Kimmsr, I know this is like a total losing battle but I do! want to give it a shot... If you know of any links please send them my way...

o
RE: need online research links on benefits of organics....

Trying to convert others to the organic way of life is not a loosing battle, because so many people are going there. However there are many out there that simply will not think and realize that what is termed today as "conventional" gardening has only been around since about the late 1940's and has caused, already, a major loss of of good, healthy soil so necesasry to growing strong healthy plants. We have lost more good soil, humus, in the last 60 years than in all the centruies that went before.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Organic Rose Growing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here