Return to the Organic Rose Growing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Garden party

Posted by MapleLeafMama 5A ONT (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 8, 05 at 21:34

I planted 3 Garden Party this summer. (they are light cream with pink edges)
My problem is that I'm only getting cream flowers-no pink, which is what I loved about them at the nursery.
Is there something I could add to the soil?
I think I read somewhere that there can be quite a variance in the color of the flowers-but I have yet to get one pink edged bud!
HA-rumph!
Sandy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Garden party

Colors of many roses will change with the weather. You'll probably get the pink edges in the fall, along with much bigger flowers, at least when the plant matures. It is hardy for a white HT, so a good choice for you.

o

This comment is from rosetom in response to a query on white roses in the Roses forum:

'Garden Party may have a creamy tint before the flower is fully open, or in cool weather, and the petal edges will blush pink on the outer tips. In full sun and warm weather, the flower is consistently white when mature, with just the slightest tinge of pink shading - sometimes, none at all.'

I have Garden Party as well, and all blooms so far have shown the pink tint-but I have it in partial shade in the morning-so perhaps this makes the difference.

bren

o

Well, you were correct. I am now getting some pink edged roses now that it is a bit cooler. YAAAY!
Thank you for your info.
Sandy

o

This is my favorite rose, It is now 4 yrs in my garden and the pink edges and fragrance is always in the cooler spring. Now if I could just keep the beetles off her:(

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Organic Rose Growing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here