Return to the Organic Rose Growing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
knock out roses

Posted by kglim 5 (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 16, 06 at 18:07

What variety of Knock Out roses would look best planted in a front yard bed anchored by a thriving 3-in-1 Rose of Sharon? Color-wise, can't tell from the catalog pictures whether to go with the Double KO, Pink KO or the original KO. Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: knock out roses

Double and original are the same color. Pink is lighter. Here, original can get hot pink in mid-summer.

o

Hi, I have a 5 of each, red and pink, singles/original ones. I planted them alternately red-pink-red-pink in a hedge form along my fence line to hide the ulgy chain link. The reds turn more fuchsia for me and the pinks have a bright rich pink color. I have to tell you, although a lot of rose lovers don't like knockouts or consider them "true" roses they are spectacular! They put on a show from spring up till it snows here and I have had a lot of people stop their cars to look and ask about them. For a landscape rose they are perfect, carefree, but, they bring a serious shock of color to your yard. This is a picture of my red knockout.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

o

I have two of the originals. They are almost florescent hot pink in my climate.

Depending on what color your rose of sharon is, the pink or one of the other pastel colors may blend better.

I think there is a new blush and a new rainbow that has some yellow but I may be mistaken.

Whatever color, they are awesome landscape plants.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Organic Rose Growing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here