Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pecanmom66

HAVE: Looking to trade cuttings and/or small plants

pecanmom66
17 years ago

I have several different types of roses for trade.

Climbers:

Gardenia

Cherokee Rose

Dr. W. Van Fleet

Felicite et Perpetue

Zephirine Drouhin

Species rose- R. moschata?? Grows wild here in GA.

I also have a pink rose and a red rose that everyone around here calls Seven Sisters. I have researched it and neither one is the Seven Sisters. I think the pink is Dorothy Perkins and the Red is Excelsa, or Red Dorothy Perkins.

Others:

Duchess de Brabant

Old Blush

Found unknown Alba- small tightly packed white flowers with a touch of pink. Reaches to about 6' here. Wonderful smell and BEAUTIFUL!!!

Found unknown Moss- Red with wonderful smell.

Found unknown Yellow- Plant reaches 8' here in south GA, and blooms from March thru December. Wonderful fragrance!!

I may have a couple more varieties, I will need to update my list.

I am interested in exchanging for any type of OGR that I don't have and I LOVE Climbers.

Please email me at mixonpecan@bellsouth.net for a complete list (my list is at home).

Thank you,

Monique

Comments (8)

• georgia_rose
    17 years ago

Monique,

I'm interested in your found roses. Most of my roses are listed on my member page, although my trade list needs to be updated.

Lisa

• nrynes
    17 years ago

Hi,

I'd be interested if anything is still available. Please check my list and let me know.

Thanks!

Nancy

• pecanmom66
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hey,

This is my updated list:

Have named:

R. multflora (Grows wild here in Ga. Called it R. mochata in first post but that was wrong)- 15
    Dr. W. Van Fleet - 15
    Gardenia -15
    Father Hugo -2
    Felicite et Perpetue -3
    Cherokee Rose -3
    Hansa -2
    Duchesse de Brabant -2
    Bon Silene -1
    Smith's Parish -1
    Lady Banks Rose yellow -2

Found Roses:

Ansley White (Alba??) -5
    Morris Yellow (large 8x8) -2
    Ansley red moss -5
    Crimson Rambler (this may be Excelsa) -3
    Found Pink Ramber (this may be Dorothy Perkins, identical to crimson rambler except in color) -5

If you would rather have cuttings, I can get cuttings from Gardenia, Dr. W. Van Fleet, Cherokee Rose, Felicite et Perpetue, Paul's Him. Musk (they will be small), the pink rambler and the crimson rambler.

May be able to take a few small cuttings from Cecil Brunner Cl. and Zephirine Drouhin.

Would like:

As I said in my earlier post, I would love to trade for any OGR that I don't have. I love climbers, and any roses that have great fragrance and many many petals!!

If you have any questions, please email at mixonpecan@bellsouth.net.

Take care!!

Monique

• weldontx
    17 years ago

If you are still trading, I am interested in: Duchess de Brabant, Hansa and either Felicite et perpetua OR Gardenia.
    I have: Old Blush, Marie Pavie, Belinda's Dream and if you would like a mini climber, I have a nice red. makes a large bush covered with small red blooms. Let me know. These were rooted last fall.
    Weldon

• rosewylde
    17 years ago

Hi Monique, I emailed you this morning but sometimes my emails through Garden Web seem to go into cyberspace somewhere. So please let me know if you are interested in trading or didn't receive my message. Thanks, Laurel

• bast-nefret
    16 years ago

Dear Monique; If any of your Cherokee rose, Rosa moschata, or Rosa alba have yielded seed, I would love to trade for seeds I've listed in the members seed exchange; If its not listed, ask; I have small amounts of unlisted seed/bulbs/tubers to trade;most are for fragrant plants/herbs;I can send cuttings (including some rambling& antique roses)only in the colder months & then survival is iffy due to brutal heat;(this is why I've requested & offered) seed instead of cuttings.Thank;good luck with your garden -Carol

Here is a link that might be useful: GardenWeb

• frys2go01_epix_net
    16 years ago

Hi Everyone. I know nothing about roses, except they are lovely to look at and even better to smell. Please bear with me. I am looking for Dr. van Fleet roses, i.e., "clippings". My mother (74 )got clippings (I'm assuming from her mother) when my parents were first married. My Mother's rose bush died several years ago; my Grandmother's got leveled by a drive-way expansion. While stationed at Langley AFB, I had what I was told I was Seven Sisters at my house. I brought a few clippings to PA when I retired, but to make a long story shortÂ7 Sisters can't do the Dr.'s job. I have nothing to trade, but am in dire need of some of these roses that my Mother is so fond of. She keeps saying they smell so good you could eat them. I don't remember that, but know they had really sharp thorns and LOTS of them. So Please, if any one has Dr.v.Fleets on the market, could you quote me a price. Also, if there are any "secrets" for keeping the Dr. healthy and my mother happy, please include them.
    Thank you for reading my ramblings.
    Gail M. Fry

• shema1999
    15 years ago

Does anyone have clippings of purple passion plants, spider plants, hen and chicks that I can get? Of course anything else would be great! I am just starting out in a new bleak apartment and some wonderful plants would add that touch of life that only plants can give. I can reciprocate with some chive plants. Thanks! Ellen