Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
flowwood

WANTED: Harrison's yellow rose

flowwood
18 years ago

I just finished reading a book that speaks of this rose. It says that it is easy to propogate. And then I read that it could be invasive but it would go with some of my others that love to climb. I don't know what I would have to trade but if you have cuttings or a rooted one please contact me and we will see what we can trade. thanks Carolyn

Comments (6)

• lil_bird
    17 years ago

Carolyn
    I will check tomorrow and see if I have a sprout .If not I will try to get you one started. Been thinking about you every day .As I walk by the peonies you sent .They are so beautiful. Will get back with you .
    This is a special rose to me .My grandpa on my mom's side was named Harrison Rose. My husband mistook it for a wild rose a couple years ago .When I got home from work I cried .And he almost did . It is blooming now .If you would like to see a pic. Not been invasive at all here .But it is a bit on the thorny side .
    Glenna

• organic_hopper
    17 years ago

Just letting you know I have a whole fenceline of Harrison's yellow roses. I know very little about gardening (or roses) and want to learn more... I was raised by my grandmother though, who grew much of our food and I helped... but I mostly did the eating part. Now I have lived here for several years, with these beautiful yummy spelling yellow roses (which come to find out are these Harrison's Yellow Roses you speak of). But we are moving this summer and I really don't want to leave them behind. We all love them. My mother, myself and my two daughters pick them every year to make potpouri, herbal sachets, essential oils, etc. but we've never had to DO anything for them, they take care of themselves.

I wouldn't mind trading some (a few starts, cuttings or whatever) for some good advice on starting some elsewhere (it's only several miles away in eastern oregon and they grow wild here, as do other roses, but I am unsure of soil type, etc.). I thought since the suckers seem to find their way around so well, maybe I could try a few of those as well as some cuttings, but I don't know where to begin.

• pecanmom66
    17 years ago

I would also like to trade for some rootings or cuttings of Harrison's Yellow.

Email me and I will send a list of roses I have to trade.

Thank you,

Monique

• becky1056_yahoo_com
    17 years ago

I'm very, very interested in cuttings or rootings of Harrison's Yellow Rose, as well! I saw & read about this rose years ago but am just moved into a house where I can garden at last.

I have only a few roses, but can gladly trade cuttings from a local wild rose that my Grandmother rooted for me before she died several years ago. It's called Arredondo rose (not sure if that's a formal name) and is a petite, bushy musk-type rose that will bloom all season long if it gets lots of water with full, fragrant pink/red blossoms. Once established, you can take cuttings & root easily. Not sure how cold tolerant, as I'm in North Florida, but it does fine with our occasional freezes.

Thank you!
    Becky

• marken
    17 years ago

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q288/Swankhammer/F2.jpg

This was our Harrison. Most beautiful rose we had. Grew about 7 feet tall and just as wide. Didn't know it was grafted...cut it back and it came up red. We can't find a replacement. It grew really well up here in Wisconsin.

If you have any left my wife and I would love another one. Don't have anything to trade but will gladly pay for one or two.

Ken

• countrygirlsc, Upstate SC
    16 years ago

I would love to have one of these or some cuttings.

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES