Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
heavenlyfarm

WANTED: Rose cuttings.Willing to pay postage

heavenlyfarm
15 years ago

Hi

I'm just getting into roses and only have 2 roses that I just got so I have none available to trade. I do have some plants tho-amaryllis,aloe, and hens/chicks or I will be happy to pay the postage for the cuttings. I'm quite new so I can't say what kind I'm more interested in, just no climbers b/c i have no where to go with them with all my other vines. Any suggestions on what rose(s) I should get are appreciated since I will be looking to order some from a catalog/company soon..

Comments (5)

• purpleflora
    15 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Hi! I hope I can be of some help. I'm a professional rosarian and have a large collection of roses. I'd be glad to send a nice variety of cuttings to you with descriptions of each one. It might be good to start with some lovely, really easy to care for roses first. All of my gardening is done organically, and I use no chemicals on any of my roses. In fact, my roses either thrive with neglect or end up on the compost pile.Here's a list of rose cuttings I can send to you which are very easy to care for, but are very beautiful and rare (they all bloom from spring to fall unless noted):
    -Rosarie de L'Hay - intense scent, Rugosa, national rose of France
    -Red Cascade - mini deep red blooms; ground cover;tiny leaves
    -Salet - Moss rose; highly scented
    -Stanwell Perpetual- hybrid of Scots Briar Rose; 3 ft. tall;
    -Alba semi-plena-known as 'The White Rose of York'in the war of the roses. Very tough and hardy. One huge bloom in late spring/early summer; highly scented
    -Mme. Alfred Carri-old garden rose; big blooms
    -'Apothecary Rose'-ancient; used for rose oil.
    -Ballerina-hybrid Musk-starts late but blooms til frost.
    -The Gift-constant white blooms; single
    -Autumn Damask-1st re-blooming rose known to early Romans. Highly scented
    -Carefree Delight-shrub; single flowers; constant bloom
    -Blanc Double de Coubert-Rugosa hybrid; highly scented white very double flowers
    -Hansa-same as above, but fuschia in colour.
    -Therese Bugnet-same as above but antique pink.
    -Sir Thomas Lipton-smaller white rugosa hybrid. scented
    -Commandante Beaurepaire- gets covered in blooms once in spring. flowers are red with purple/white stripes & scented.
    -Narrow Water-from N. Ireland. A Noisette with small, scented pale pink blooms. Will climb if allowed, but will grow as a shrub.
    -'Eglantyne' by David Austin. Deep Pink, lovely scent!
    -Kazanlik-used for perfume. dried petals of perfume/oil roses keep their scent. Blooms once for over a month.
    -Moonlight-the hybrid Musk. Double white scented flowers. All hybrid musks can handle some shade.
    -Zepherine Drouhin-a Bourbon rose; deep pink. Thornless. Used as a climber, but can be grown as a shrub.
    -Veilchenblau-"blue curtain" in German. Has Mauve aging to purple small flowers which cover it in late spring. A climber, but so beautiful I thought I'd mention it.
    -Old Blush-one of the original 4 "China stud roses" brought to Europe in 1700's. Light pink flowers.
    Species or 'Wild' Roses suitable for gardens & all bloom once for several weeks unless noted: All start with 'Rosa' or just R.: -R.
    R. eglanteria-apple scented leaves!
    R. rugosa typica-deep fuschia-red, highly scented blooms which continue all season and set large strawberry-flavoured hips at the same time!
    R. rugosa alba-same as above but one long bloom with white flowers
    -R. harrisonii-carried across America by pioneers. Double, yellow, honey-scented flowers.
    -R. glauca-used for its blue tinted leaves and red/purple stems.
    -'Wild Irish Rose'-Or R. x hibernica. Covered in pink flowers in late spring.
    -R. nitida - US native. 2 ft. tall. gets shining red foliage in fall.
    -R. woodsii-grows in partially shaded woods; native of US. Has brilliant, bright red stems.
    -R. nutkana-grows within Arctic Circle; very hardy!
    -R. blanda - nearly thornless; stems red with blue/white powdery 'bloom' like raspberry canes. Native of Nova Scotia.
    -R. chinensis-original China rose. small pink blooms.
    - R. davidii-Or Father David's Rose-bright red canes with bottle-gourd shaped bright red hips all winter.
    -R. Pendulina-European mountain rose. Same as above.
    - R. xanthina-Canary yellow flowers and leaves that make the shrub look like a large fern! Purple/brown flaking bark.
    -R. foliolosa-US native. 2-3 feet tall with purple/pink large flowers which come and go all season. Bright cherry red hips all winter.
    Hope this is helpful,
    PurpleFlora
    -

Here is a link that might be useful: My Tradelists

• patty57
    6 years ago

Purpleflora,

Would you have any Alba Semi Plena cuttings to share? See my trade list of roses if you'd like.

Patty

• aliciacammel
    6 years ago

Hi Heavenlyfarm,

I would love some of your rose cuttings for sase.no lease let me know if you still have offers as this post is quite old.

Thank you,

Alicia.

• aliciacammel
    6 years ago

Sorry, message was meant for Purpleflora. Thank you!

• kimivu
    6 years ago

Hi purpleflora,

I'm looking for white ground cover roses 18"-24" tall. Do you have any?