Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nrynes

HAVE: Peonies for Roses

nrynes
17 years ago

I have 2 peonies that I'd like to trade for roses. These have been growing in my garden for 3 years and are just not tolerating the cool wet summers and COLD winters that we have here at altitude. They grow beautifully, produce lots of flower buds that never open due to cool summer nights. They really need a warmer home. I'd like to replace them with some reblooming shrub roses - Austins or something similar.

Looking for a fragrant rebloomer if possible. The spot is on near the south-facing wall of the house - lots of sun and a decent amount of winter protection.

Please see my trade list for wants, will consider other roses as well. Tempt me :)

Nancy

Comment (1)

• joe_n_sc
    17 years ago

Hey Nancy:

Are you interested in climbers as well as shrubs? I have some rooted cuttings of a climber and a bush that were set out by my great-grandmother back in the 1800's. They have been in our family for generations, I just don't know the names of them. The pink one has beautiful medium pink blooms and the bush has small double pink blooms and blooms all summer here in South Carolina. As for your climate, I don't know how they'd do. Let me know. Joe

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022