Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lionheart_gw

HAVE: Have: Good Sized Roses

Hello, folks.

I was a bit too ambitious this spring, thinking I would overwinter tender roses, but decided not to go through the trouble.

Therefore, I have up for trade or gifting:

1. Clementina Carbonieri -- probably suited to zone 7 and higher. HMF says "This rose may be the same as 'Souvenir de Gilbert Nabonnand'." It's own root from Ashdown Roses. Potted up and ready to go.

2. Mutabilis -- still in the ground and quite healthy looking. I can dig it up if anyone's interested. Zone 6 or 7 and higher. It dies back over normal zone 5 winters and only gets about 8 inches tall here in the frozen zones. It will be happier someplace warmer. :-)

3. Koenigen van Danemark suckers -- A beautiful, carefree, once-bloomer that's suckering all over the place. Hardy to zone 4, maybe even zone 3. I can try to dig up some suckers and send them, if anyone wants to give them a try. People have had varying degrees of success with KdV suckers, so if you want one (they're getting big) and are up for a challenge, give a yell.

I'd be willing to trade for something (roses are nice, but it doesn't have to be roses) that would be hardy in zone 5. Or, I'd just be willing to send them to a good home if all else fails.

My email is up to date and I check it a couple of times a day. I'll watch here, too. It would be great if someone could take Mutabilis and/or Clementina Carbonieri off my hands. :-)

Comments (7)