Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jeniem_gw

New Seedlings and useable containers

jeniem
17 years ago

Hi everyone,

Someone in a previous post asked how people were doing with new seedlings well because of the warm weather, I have so many seedlings popping up all over the place. Here are the ones that I have so far,

Easy Going X Gertrude Jekyll

Heirloom X Bronze Star

Peace X Heirloom

Gemini X Betty Boop

Gemini X Bronze Star

Gemini X Loves Magic X Scentimental

Gemini X Midas Touch

Gemini X Royal Amethyst

Brigadoon X Scentimental

Brigadoon X Bronze Star

Route 66 Seedling X Eden

Route 66 Seedling X Midas Touch

Angel Face X OP

Also I would like to share with you how I beat the spider mite problem. I am using these plastic containers that keep the humidity inside.

This first one is a plastic container that is upside down which I have a solo cup sitting on the lid with a seedling in it. The humidity builds up around the sides and slides down to the bottom where the water is absorbed up through the holes that I put in the bottom of the solo cup. It works out great because I never have to water this one.

{{gwi:1235576}}

I also use these cups and I used them last year, they also keep the humidity just right. I open them every so often to get fresh air in them. I purchased these at the local grocery store for 10 cents apiece with the tops included. They sell them with cut up fruit in them.

{{gwi:1235577}}

This is a solo cup with a plastic poland spring water container over top of it. I just cut the top of the container off and used the bottom.

{{gwi:1235578}}

Comments (4)