Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
yelmbackyard

Anyone else in Z8 see their roses begining to leaf?

yelmbackyard
14 years ago

Does anyone else in Z8 see leaf buds forming yet on their roses?

I have a red hybrid tea rose and a yellow that is beginning to leaf out already. This will be their second winter. These two hybrid tea roses were planted in the fall of 2008 along with a pair of Pink Peace and one Pascali. The Pink and Pascali still seem dormant.

Comments (3)

• lucretia1
    14 years ago

Some of mine are starting, too. And some of the bulbs are starting to bloom. The mild weather recently really has them confused. I hope they don't leaf out then get hit by a hard freeze! I've been telling them how foolish they are to be putting out leaves already, but it doesn't seem to be working. ;-)

• pinkhill
    14 years ago

My bulbs are sprouting and my speciman roses are dormant but my wild child by the shed is leafing. I have tried everything to reduce that bramble. She wont bloom, just scratches any one who dares enter the shed. I cut her back and abuse her and she just grows bigger and stronger. I swear I don't know whether to hate her or admire her.

• kayjones
    14 years ago

Yes - and some held their leaves over the cold spell. One rose, a climber, had a bud, but it was broken off in the wind last night.