Return to the Rose Propagation Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Anyone else in Z8 see their roses begining to leaf?

Posted by yelmbackyard z8 (My Page) on
Thu, Jan 7, 10 at 17:08

Does anyone else in Z8 see leaf buds forming yet on their roses?

I have a red hybrid tea rose and a yellow that is beginning to leaf out already. This will be their second winter. These two hybrid tea roses were planted in the fall of 2008 along with a pair of Pink Peace and one Pascali. The Pink and Pascali still seem dormant.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Anyone else in Z8 see their roses begining to leaf?

Some of mine are starting, too. And some of the bulbs are starting to bloom. The mild weather recently really has them confused. I hope they don't leaf out then get hit by a hard freeze! I've been telling them how foolish they are to be putting out leaves already, but it doesn't seem to be working. ;-)

o

My bulbs are sprouting and my speciman roses are dormant but my wild child by the shed is leafing. I have tried everything to reduce that bramble. She wont bloom, just scratches any one who dares enter the shed. I cut her back and abuse her and she just grows bigger and stronger. I swear I don't know whether to hate her or admire her.

o

Yes - and some held their leaves over the cold spell. One rose, a climber, had a bud, but it was broken off in the wind last night.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Propagation Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here