Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gardennut_gw

Re: Gerry_Wyoming

Gardennut
17 years ago

I just want everyone to know that Gerry_Wyoming (NepaGardenGuy) is going in for Open heart surgery tomorrow. (1-10-07) Please say your prayers for him. I was told that he is going to have quaddruple bypass. I spoke with his friend today as I have been very close to

Gerry. He (Rick) wanted me to post this for him as he doesn't do gardening. lol So please keep Gerry in your thoughts and prayers as I will also do the same. He is a super guy.

Thanks, Norma

P.S. Any emails will cheer him up when he gets home.

Comments (16)

• irish_rose_grower
    17 years ago

This is not good news. Gerry my thoughts and prayers are with you. I didn't know you weren't well. Please feel better and wishing you a speedy recovery.
    Maureen

• jeniem
    17 years ago

Prayers are being said for you Gerry. Hope all goes well.

• jeniem
    17 years ago

Prayers are being said for you Gerry. Hope all goes well.

• michelle_co
    17 years ago

Ugh, poor Gerry. :-( Please let us know how it goes tomorrow. Thoughts and prayers for both of them.

Michelle

• rosethyme
    17 years ago

I'm praying that all goes well for you, Gerry. We need you back here, ASAP. Take care.

Karen

• irish_rose_grower
    17 years ago

I'm wondering how it went, if anyone has an update on how gerry's surgery went please let us know.

Thanks
    maureen

• rosethyme
    17 years ago

Moving this up. Any update on how Gerry is doing?

• gerry_wyomingpa
    17 years ago

It's ME!

I will get back and give you guys all details soon, I just got home this afternoon, but the quick version is so far so good!

TTYS

Gerry

• michelle_co
    17 years ago

Yay! Welcome back!!!! :-) I can't believe you are already back on the computer. You ARE a rose addict.

m

• rosethyme
    17 years ago

Welcome Back, Gerry!! Like Michelle said, you are a true rose addict...a good thing to be IMHO. :)

• irish_rose_grower
    17 years ago

I'm so glad your home and doing good Gerry. Sending prayers and good wishes your way!!
    Maureen

• gerry_wyomingpa
    17 years ago

Addicted, me...lol

I knew about Norma making a post so I thought after all that time in the hospital I would have a little fun and check it out. I can only sit here for short periods at a time, the chair is most uncomfortable, so I figured a HI, I am back....would be OK.

OK....details...Started having some chest pains at work on Sunday the 7th, some of the worst things I had ever felt before, but not like the proverbial elephant on your chest. Rich was out on vacation and had dropped me off at work so I called him to come get me and take me to the E.R. Spent that night, was supposed to have a stress test on Monday, that got put off and cancelled when I had the same pains again on Monday night. Went in for Catherization on Tuesday...5 blockages 3 of them at 90%, Gee... I guess that is why I had the surgery on Wednesday

All went well, now I just need to recouperate, and let me tell you it is not the chest incision that is the worst right now, but rather the leg where they took the grafts. Swollen about 3x normal size and sore.

OK, gonna go, I think the pain pill is kicking in

Gerry

• michelle_co
    17 years ago

Gerry,

Sounds very serious. Glad they were able to fix the plumbing before it got any worse.

Honey Perfume is getting ready to sport it's first bud, I will post a picture when it does. :-)

Sending a HUG!
    Michelle

• melissa_thefarm
    17 years ago

Hi Gerry,
    I spend most of my time on the Antique Rose forum so maybe you don't know me, but I figure even a relative stranger's good wishes count for something, and you have mine. Hope you're making a good recovery. Congratulations on getting to the hospital in time! There IS something to be said for modern technology, isn't there?

Melissa

• irish_rose_grower
    17 years ago

Sending good wishes and prayers to Gerry for your continued good recovery. p.s. How are your roses doing:-)
    I'm sure that is reason to get well soon. lol

Take care
    Maureen

• gerry_wyomingpa
    17 years ago

Melissa,

I agree, good wishes count no matter where they come from, thank you!

Maureen,

Not sure what is going on yet with some of them, but I guess I shall know soon. Most of them never made it outside, so the indoor method will be tested, good thing they are cuttings, just a bit more expendable than plants....shhhh....don't tell ANYONE I said that.

Gerry