Return to the Rose Propagation Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Best Rooting Hormone?

Posted by g-in-fl 9a Florida (My Page) on
Mon, Jan 14, 13 at 19:38

Is there a rooting hormone powder, gel or liquid that you have had good results with?
Thanks!
Gracin

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Best Rooting Hormone?

I've exclusively used Dip'n Grow for quite a few years now. It has consistently worked for me without issue. Kim

o

Disregard my question. I found an article that cites an experiment by one of Malcolm Manners' classes that answers my question.
Thanks.
Gracin

o

Rather than a rooting hormone powder, I have recently been using honey. Slightly diluted for ease of use, it has been very successful. My most recent cuttings, taken in November are thriving. Pelargoniums have flowered since late December and today I noticed the first rosebud.
Peter

o

For anyone else looking purple clonex gel works great but honey is a lot more organic I am going to have to try it have herd of it before

o

It would be great to see a link to the experiment that Dr. Manners' class did.

o

It would be good to see that link. I think he recommends Dip-n-grow, if I remember correctly.

o

• Posted by TNY78 7a-East TN (My Page) on
    Tue, Feb 26, 13 at 22:31

I've tried Dip-n-Grow, Clonex gel and powders, and the best results, by far, have been with Dip-n-Grow. I just hate making so much of it at one time if I only have a few cuttings to stick. But, I'm just glad to have it available.

Tammy

o

Tammy, I use a 3 cc syringe, and suck up 1/2 cc of Dip n grow, and add 3 cc water. I mix it in a test tube type glass container - but anything small should do. That's a little more dilute than
Malcolm Manners' students used, but it is still stronger than the directions suggest.

Floridadon,
I don't know how to post a link, but if you google

"rooting hormones for propagating roses", the link will come up.

o

• Posted by TNY78 7a-East TN (My Page) on
    Tue, Mar 26, 13 at 22:16

Great! Thank you Gracin! The measuring container they give you makes enough to root a whole greenhouse each time you make it! Seemed like such a waste...I'll have to get some syringes and test tubes next time I'm out :)

Tammy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Propagation Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here