Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cweathersby

Wanna trade pot ghettos?

cweathersby
17 years ago

I rooted a bunch of roses in the summer of 05 and have lots left over which were multiples. I'd like to trade for other roses that are already rooted and ready to put in the ground. Maybe some of you are like me and have pot ghettos out in your yard ... maybe not. Anyway, here is the list of what I have:

Spice (2)

Sally Holmes (4)

Renae (1)

Phyllis Bide (2)

Smith's Parish (2)

Ballerina (3)

Mary Washington (3)

Camellia Rose (2)

Mme Lombard (2)

Isabella Sprunt (1)

Blumenschmidt (1)

Lady Hillingdon (1)

Heideroslin (1)

Nastarana (1)

Here's a list of roses that I am craving:

Arcadia Louisiana Tea

Baronne Henriette de Snoy

Madame Bravy

Madame Jules Gravereaux

Marie Legonde

Mlle Franziska Kruger

Mme Charles

Monsieur Tiller

Mrs. BR Cant

Placerville White Noisette

Pleasant Hill Cemetary

Rhonda

Rock Hill Peach Tea

Rose Rhapsody

Snowbird, Cl

Souvenier de Pierre Notting

Swany

White Cap

Yankee Doodle

Might also trade for other rooted plants, just let me know if you see something you have been wanting.

Carrie

Comments (15)

• melva
    17 years ago

Carrie,
    I would love to have a Madam Lombard..not sure what I have to trade..it has been so cold...I am afraid I have lost some things. Are you planning to come to my house, next month for the lunch and work party> Please say yes. I would love to see you and I bet there will be things to trade then.

• cweathersby
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Melva,
    Sorry, but I can't make it to your party. Its so far away and I've got so much going on, trying to lay ceramic tile in my house and putting in the new rose garden. The roses are planted, but I have to lay down layers of boxes, compost, and mulch to make the beds. I really don't know how it's going to be done b4 spring gets here!
    I thought that I got Mme Lombard from you! Maybe not ... but who else? I bet you recognize some of those from the cuttings we took that day I visited.
    One day we've got to have a party at my house so everyone can see the "little bits" of their own garden growing in another location! I'm only a little ways down the road from Rozanna's.

• melva
    17 years ago

Carrie,
    You probably did get Madam L. from me. I had one, planted in front, it was glorious! and the darn city, made me get rid of it..(I could have kept it there, if I agreed to keep it at 2 feet) I would like to plant another one, this time in the back yard, so no one can complain, and having a clone of mine will make it so much better...
    Sorry you can not make it, to the party, if Rozanna were here, you could ride with her...

• weldontx
    17 years ago

Carrie, sent you an e-mail. I M I G H T have an extra Pickering's Four Seasons, but may be late Feb. before I know
    how well it's doing.

Weldon

• rose_red
    17 years ago

You have several roses I would love to have: Smith's Parish, Blumenschmidt, Isabella Sprunt, Spice, Renae, or Sally Holmes. I have a nice sized Mlle Franziska Kruger, and a BR Cant. If you are interested, let me know what you have left.

• autumnshowers
    17 years ago

Nastarana or Mme Lombard or Hillingdon

Thanks,

Lisa Arnold

• melva
    17 years ago

Tell me what you want in trade for a Madam Lombard and I will see what I have...

• cweathersby
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Rose Red,
    I'm sorry, but I think I'm going to get a MFK from Lisa. Do you have anything else you'd like to trade?
    Melva,
    What do you have rooted? I am trying to stick to the list of roses that I "HAVE to have" (list above) but maybe you've got something else. If you would rather, you could send me postage and I'd mail it to you ... after all, the cutting probably came from your yard.

• melva
    17 years ago

Carrie,
    Let me send you postage..just tell me how much, and send me your address.

• cweathersby
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Melva,
    You've got mail.

• wild_rose_of_texas
    17 years ago

I love seeing you all having fun trading! Carrie, you and I have a very similar wish list!

I don't have anything rooted to share right now, but if you would like some cuttings, I am happy to mail them to you after the Valentines Day Pruning Frenzy at my place. (I think I am now up to about 300 roses here, cannot keep count. It's going to be one tough weekend of pruning in mid February here!)

If you are interested in cuttings, email me your mailing address, and I can send you some cuttings of Baronne Henriette de Snoy, Monsieur Tillier, Mrs. B R Cant, and Marie Legonde. No charge for postage, my dear, they won't weigh very much and I really love spreading the wealth of roses!

Allison

• cweathersby
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I have gone through my pots and pulled all of the ones I'm sending to you guys.
    Here is what is left:
    Spice (1)
    Sally Holmes (4)
    Phyllis Bide (1)
    Smith's Parish (1)
    Ballerina (2)
    Mary Washington (2)
    Camellia Rose (2)
    Heideroslin (1)
    Untagged - too many to count - I have no idea what these are. Some of the tags were lost, some never had tags to begin with.

If you have any roses that aren't on the list of ones "I want", email me, and we'll see what we can do for a trade. I've realized that I REALLY want to get rid of all of these multiples, and would trade for other roses that I don't have.
    Carrie

• cweathersby
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Lisa,
    I never got your address. Please email me.
    Carrie

• cweathersby
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Allison,
    If you see this, Vintage is out of Marie Legonde so I won't be getting this from them. I really would like the clippings!
    Carrie

• wild_rose_of_texas
    17 years ago

Oh, Goodness, Carrie, I am so bad about not looking back at all the threads I have visited... Here it is, Feb 26th, and I just now revisited your thread and have found your post to me that is 20 days old.... I apologize!

Yes, I will be honored to send you some cuttings of Marie Legonde. Please email me your address, and I'll send them on to you.

Allison

Sponsored
SURROUNDS Landscape Architecture + Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
DC Area's High-End Custom Landscape Design/Build Firm 9x Best of Houzz