who wants my rose seeds

full_sail
13 years ago

My Kordes Brilant,-Neon orange

christian Dior, medium red astonishingly perfect blooms

Don Juan, climbing deep red

full sail,enormous pure white with a scintillating smell that carries

rock N Roll-red and white striped rose with a wicked scent

chicago peace -huge blooms with a deeper color scheme than peace.

all seeded this year. I dont know how to germinate rose seeds Im willing to send them off to some one if they can send back 1 or 2 little plants. Ill cover postage.

Comments (17)

• groweverything
    13 years ago

Hi there,

I would love your rose seeds and I am happy to send you many of them back as a plant. I do this every year for 7 years now and it's so much fun... but I couldn't collect this year so I don't have any seeds to play with :( This will be great!

Please email me.

Thanks!
    Sam

• muttilili
    13 years ago

I too would be very interested in this exchange. On my first attempt 3 years ago I was very successful.
    Have the hips been outside all winter?

• Angelia1
    13 years ago

I also would love to have some of your seeds. My daughter has had good luck germanating rose seed this year and I would love to try and would be glad to send you a plant. Thank You!! Angelia

• oregongardengal
    13 years ago

I would be very happy if you are willing to share seeds from your 'Full Sail' rose. I have a small greenhouse where I grow cuttings, seedlings etc and will be happy to send you a few plants back in exchange for the seed :-)

• debrasue
    13 years ago

Do you have any seeds left? If you do I'm willing to send you back some seedlings for the seeds.

• hndmrshall
    13 years ago

New here and seen your offer would love to obtain seeds willing to either purchase or will send seedlings back.
    I simply love roses, you have a very lovely collection
    would like to try to obtain seeds from:
    Kordes Brilant,-Neon orange
    full sail
    rock N Roll
    and/or - chicago peace

also anyone have any purple roses?
    or a rose named summer fashion?
    there is another one i am looking for but can't think of the name at the moment.
    would even be interested in cuttings!

thank you
    Donna in Texas

• junesbug
    12 years ago

i would love to have some seeds and will seed you some plants in return

• woody64
    12 years ago

would like to have some of your seeds also if you have any left also please.

• Catherine Smith
    12 years ago

I would love some of your seeds if you have any left! Thank you so much! :-)

• woody64
    11 years ago

I know this isnt the place to ask but have to,I have a couple of rose plants/bushes but have never seen rose seeds,where do you get them??

• g-in-fl
    11 years ago

Woody 64,

I am a novice grower, but have just noticed that I have seeds on my Juane Desprez bush. There are 5 or 6 seeds in the very center of where the flower was. I was very suprised to see them, as I thought seeds only formed inside rose hips. I don't think all roses set hips, so I guess some roses have no choice but to form seeds out in the open.

• woody64
    11 years ago

thanks g-in-fl,will have to take a look at my rose bushes after.

• seil zone 6b MI
    11 years ago

After the bloom fades and the petals fall off you are left with a rose hip. If you leave the hip on the rose you will see it start to fatten up and get bigger. If left until ripe, 90 to 120 days, there will be seeds INSIDE the hip. If removed and planted they will sprout and grow new roses. The new rose will NOT be the same rose as the one they came from. It will be a new variety because it will have a different mix of genetic traits.

Green rose hip
    {{gwi:322667}}

Ripe rose hip
    {{gwi:322669}}

Seeds from ripe rose hip

Rose seedlings

• woody64
    11 years ago

hey thanks for the pics.So growers will take pollen from different roses and put some on other roses,let grow then harvest seeds from plant when ripe?

• bugbite
    11 years ago

Woody64,
    Take a look at this site for visuals.
    On one picture the caption is: "Each year 30,000 to 40,000 seeds are planted."
    One rose breeder once said that it took 5000 seedlings to get a new commerical rose. Today that could be higher because the demands are so specific.
    But it is a great feeling to have your own rose that you created, commerical or not. It could be from self pollinated hips or cross pollinated. It's fun.
    If you see a hip on a rose bush somewhere, if it is OK with the owner, take it and try it.
    Bob

Here is a link that might be useful: Rose Breeding

• kygarden99
    11 years ago

If you have any left I will be happy to take a few and give you back some. E-mail me: kyletaylor2000@live.com

• kygarden99
    11 years ago

If you have any left I will be happy to take a few and give you back some. E-mail me: kyletaylor2000@live.com