Michelle

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: before and after photos

Oh Michelle,

Your rose is lovely :)
I am guessing that it is from seed.

How great... I love it.. does it smell?

I am just doing rose seeds for the first year.. OP hips.
I have one parent that is giving me many seeds and lots of them sprouting. The others are lagging behind big time.

I would love to pick your brain regarding some of the basics to growing roses from seed if you have the time :)

Again, I love your rose! Be sure to make some cuttings to have more on hand :)

Marleah

o

Hi Marleah,

This little plant is grown from a cutting, started in late Sept. I am also trying seeds this year - mine are still stratifying in the coldframe. Wish I could help you more with seeds. I think Gerry is going to be a big help, as his are doing so well. :-)

Cheers,
Michelle

o

Michelle, that is so beautiful. Thanks for all the inspiring stories and pics.

I was pulling my cuttings out last night to see if anythings rooting. The florist roses are doing nothing, or have rotted. The ht's have done nothing and the one tea has callused and will root soon.

I guess I should have waited longer than 8 days to see if they were rooting. Can you tell I'm impatient.

o

It's just the most fun winter activity... Looking back is amazing. I hadn't realized how much things had really grown until my two new 'lil minis arrived from Nor East Tuesday. They are SO SMALL. :-) But they are healthy, and will spring forth.

After the you get your first batch to root, you will settle into the routine and not NEED to look. Plus, you will likely have some cuttings that you kill accidentally by pulling out after they have sprouted a nice root (DOHT!). :-)

That said, I stuck my current batch of florist roses in sand so I can pull them out after a week or so and check for callous. Guess I didn't really learn my lesson after all. :-))))))

Cheers,
Michelle

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Propagation Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here