Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gypsygirl_ky

Roots growing on top AND bottom

gypsygirl_ky
18 years ago

Has this happened to anyone here. I started the cutting in oasis with rooting hormone (on the bottom only though) It rooted. I then cut away most of the oasis and planted in a pot of soil with a little area of peat in the middle. I kept very wet and put a little epsom salt on the soil and covered with a clear plastic container. I cant tell you what kind of rose this is, I believe it is an old noisette. I found it on a old property and all I know is the previous owners wife grew a bunch of roses over 50 years ago and this was one of her bushes (I took the whole bush, as the place was being bushogged all the time, roses and all, I only rescued two) The flowers look like those of the fairy and it blooms oncea year (but it blooms a lot) Long canes grow out from the rose later on, they have reached 6 feet each before I cut them back. It is a nice rose, the cuttings root pretty easily. 3 out of three rooted, but hubby knocked over and killed the first two. This one started rooting at the top this week. Thought it was interesting and wanted to share a pic with everyone. This is my first time posting a pic. I hope I do it right. There is a piece of my hair in the leaves, it isnt webs, just so everyone knows.

[IMG]http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f109/ivyrose_1/roseroots.jpg[/IMG]

Here is a link that might be useful: {{gwi:1236475}}

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Innovative & Creative General Contractors Servicing Franklin County