Return to the Rose Propagation Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Would anyone want to trade?

Posted by kvalentz 5- NE Ohio (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 14, 08 at 18:59

Hi,
I am so excited, I just moved the starter soil from around my rose cutttings and they have rooted!! I would love to try to root a cutting from a David Austin rose, any of them, I love the look of the flower so old and romantic. I would be happy to trade you for anything on my list or postage stamps whatever you would like. I would love to try this.
Thank you, Kathy

Here is a link that might be useful: my rate and review page

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Would anyone want to trade?

Kathy,
You are rooting indoors under fluorescent light?
It surprises me that cuttings taken during winter would root.
Only Austin in our garden is Chianti, a once-bloomer; you are welcome to cuttings if you want.
dave

o

It is so rewarding when your roses start from cuttings !! I love English roses too but don't have any yet either but thought you might like to try Heaven on Earth if it will grow by you. It has a zillion petals like the cabbage rose, fragrant, but the best surprise with the many very large blooms is that with the changeing of the colors the longer they are on the bush you get shades of pink, yellow and peach all at once and no or very little diseases. I love that bush..

o

Debby,
Are you offering me a cutting off of your Heaven On Earth, I'm not sure?? lol
Kathy

o

Hello, I have several David Austins - Winchester, Benjamine Britten, Cottage Rose, Golden Celebration, Jude the Obscure, and Tess Of The d'Urbervilles. I will be happy to share some cuttings with you. I looked at your trade list. I'm sure we can agree agree on something. - kim

o

I have several Austins, e-mail me if you'd like to discuss a trade...I'd like to know what you have rooted, look at my trade list and see if I have anything you'd like. Donna

o

Just remember guys that a lot of the roses you all are talking about are patented. Maybe find some roses off patent to trade.

o

I sent you all email, thank you!!!!
Kathy

o

If the roses are patented hybrids and you plan to profit from your rootings, you can be held liable for lost profits by the hybridizer. That said, most beginners aren't going into the wholesale rose business, so don't worry about it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Propagation Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here