Return to the Rose Propagation Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
is light needed to start rooting????

Posted by mr_chelate florida (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 25, 06 at 20:49

I built a propagation chamber last night and was under the impression that a growing light is needed for the rooting process to take place if done indoors. is direct light needed? if so, how much? if not, what light source should be used?

thanks in advance

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: is light needed to start rooting????

I don't know what you are growing but I have often started seeds indoors in jars or plastic containers. I have used a goose neck desk lamp with a regular incandesent 75W light bulb. It provides both light and heat. It seems to work well for me. As soon as the seeds sprout, I remove the top so they won't mildew and rot.

Terry

o
Needing Light ???

Sorry about the above post. After posting, I realized I had clicked over to the ROSE propagation forum and I was no longer in the general Propagation.

o

I use regular, cheap flourescent lights you would use for garage, etc. Place them out 6 inches above the cuttings.

o

Hello everybody,
If you have not seen it before, go to my "Own Root Cuttings Setup" Gallery with detailed comments and info for each of the 30 images. There is a "Q" & "A" page as well.
You will find a lot of info about everything incl. lights used. Link below.
George Mander

Here is a link that might be useful: Own Root Cuttings Setup Gallery

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Propagation Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here