Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tny78

Have the following unrooted cuttings for trade this spring

TNY78
11 years ago

Hello, I have the following cuttings unrooted for trade this spring. I'd like to trade for rose cuttings...maybe 5-7 cuttings per variety. Let me know what unpatanted varieties you have, and if I don't already grow it, I may be up for a Spring trade after first flush!
I'll update the list as cuttings are requested and indicate which are already taken ...also works as a "note to self" for me next month :)
Bleu Magenta
Bubble Bath
Armide
Belindas Dream
Limoncello
Jeremiah Pink
Ombree Parfait
Double Chestnut
Phyllis Bide (saved for Maryanne, but can get one more cutting bunch)
Pink Mermaid
Grumpy
R Rugosa Alba
Hansa

~~Tammy

Already reserved and no longer available...sorry :(
Louis Philipe (reserved for Susie)
Louis Odier (saved for Heather)
Ash Wednesday (saved for Heather and Susan)
Park Jewel (saved for Heather)
Ghislaine de Filagonde (saved for Maryanne)
Cornelia (saved for Maryanne)
Freckles (reserved for Heather and Seil)
Boule de Neige (Maryanne. Heather)
Mutabilis (saved for Susie)

This post was edited by TNY78 on Tue, Mar 26, 13 at 22:19

Comments (15)

• gr8heather
    11 years ago

I'd be interested. These are all non-patented varieties?
    I have MANY rooted Queen Elizabeths I could trade, or I have purple tiger cuttings. I have about 30 small rooted rose bushes indoors right now, but I am not sure of the varieties yet.

I'd love Freckles, Boule de Neige, & Double Chestnut,

This post was edited by gr8heather on Wed, Feb 27, 13 at 15:27

• TNY78
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Heather, I do have a Queen E, but it hasn't been doing well the past couple of years, so I would definitly be up to trade for a rooted plant of her (I already grow Purple Tiger). I can mail all three varieties if you'd like. I can send you about 5 cuttings each of Freckles and Double Chestnut and 10 of Boule de Neige.

All of these have expired patents :)

Tammy

• seil zone 6b MI
    11 years ago

Tammy, I'd love to get some Freckles!

Here's a link to my roses at HMF. See if there's anything you'd like!

Here is a link that might be useful: Seil's Garden

• gr8heather
    11 years ago

That would be great, Tammy. I'm not sure the best time to ship, but it is still quite cold here. Maybe you can shoot me an email when the time is right. Thanks!

• TNY78
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Sounds Good Heather. I'm thinking maybe later this month or early April. It just snowed here today, so we're pretty cold too :)

Seil, definitly be up for a trade. I'm 100% sure you'll have something I'd want! I'll let you know soon :)

Tammy

• TNY78
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Went back and added some more now that I had time to do a walk around the yard today :)

• gr8heather
    11 years ago

Wow.
    I really like Ash Wednesday, Louis Odier & Park Jewel too, if no one else claims them :)

• SusieQsie_Fla
    11 years ago

Hi Tammy

I'd really like some cuttings, too.
    I'm fairly new to growing roses in Florida, so I'm not sure which will do well here, so I will do some research.

If you have enough to clip for me, I'll be grateful for Duc de Guiche.

I can send you cuttings of these:
    Duchesse du Brabant
    Cecile Brunner
    Natchitoches
    Fortune 5-Color
    Martha's Vineyard
    Princess de Monaco
    These were cuttings last year when someone was kind enough to send them to me.

Thanks for your offer!

Susie

• TNY78
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Susie, I would be more than happy to send you some cuttings of Duc de Guiche :) If I were you, I would make sure that you can grow gallicas in your zone though. I know they need a winter chill in order to bloom, but I'm not sure how much chill. I lived in central FL for 10 years and I know it gets chilly in the winter there, but I don't know if its enough. I would post in the Antique Roses forum...there's a lot of FL growers there that can tell you for sure. If you can't grow it, I can always send you a different variet if you'd like (or you can try two!)

I'd love to try Fortunes 5 Color or Marthas Vineyard!

Tammy

• jlee160
    11 years ago

I would love some cuttings of
    Duc de Guiche
    boule de Neige
    Please check my list- thanks:)

• TNY78
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Jlee...you have quite the trade list! I'll mark down that you want those...I'll inbox you my requests :) Thanks!

Tammy

This post was edited by TNY78 on Thu, Mar 7, 13 at 21:00

• gr8heather
    11 years ago

I'm excited! It's been very warm here the last 2 days, and I just checked on my rooted roses (indoors). Some are getting huge, and some are blooming. :)

This post was edited by gr8heather on Tue, Mar 12, 13 at 15:05

• TNY78
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Same here! (although its suppossed to snow later this week...boo!) The ones on my front porch are leafing out like crazy!!!!!Getting antsy to take cuttings, but I know I have to wait for new wood :(

Tammy

• gr8heather
    11 years ago

Had to share:
    My rose pot ghetto :)
    2 of these will be yours soon :D

• TNY78
    Original Author
    11 years ago

They look great!!! I root mine outside, so they don't have leaves right now, but they're getting there! I wish I had a basement and my dogs would get to them anywhere else.

Tammy

Sponsored
Haus Studio
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry & Design Studio