Return to the Rose Propagation Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Rose Hips

Posted by krazyjorge0424 10B FL (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 10, 07 at 22:15

I was reading around in this forum about rose hips and I want new rose seeds, so I went outside to see that Solstice has 2 hips 1 fat one and the other still small, and the other solstice has a flower on it and it looks swollen already and they must have been open pollinated because I did NOTHING to them, but the fat hip has probaly been on for a month, how much to go??

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Rose Hips

Jorge,

I am not sure I am much qualified to judge rose hips in FL, but they must stay on the plant for several months, wait until you see it beginning to change color it might be red, or orange, that is when it has been on there long enough. It will look like a small apple when it is ready.

Hope that helps some.

Gerry

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Propagation Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here