Return to the Rose Propagation Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Will have fortuniana cuttings

Posted by eahamel 9a (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 1, 13 at 6:16

My fort is just coming into bloom, and when it's finished it's getting a major pruning. I'll have lots and lots of cuttings if anyone wants to root some, either for the rose or for grafting. let me know now and I'll let you know when they're ready, it's blooming early, so it will be late March.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Will have fortuniana cuttings

• Posted by TNY78 7a-East TN (My Page) on
    Fri, Mar 1, 13 at 22:29

I wouldn't mind trying to root some Eahamel. It would be a good study of its hardiness for me. I've been wanting to try roses grafted onto Fort, but am unsure about how it will over winter here. Plus, it looks like a really pretty rose even on its own. A few days ago, I posted a list of cuttings I also will have this Spring if you're interested in any of them :)

Tammy

o

I'd like to try some, too. Check out my trade list. I have a few things rooted, too. Thanks!

o

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Sat, Mar 2, 13 at 15:54

I've been told that if you can get it through it's first winter that it will do OK here so I'd love to try some. I've been wanting to learn how to graft so if I can grow it maybe it would give me something to work with for that.

o

• Posted by TNY78 7a-East TN (My Page) on
    Sun, Mar 17, 13 at 22:47

I saw the picture of your Fort in bloom over in the antique's forum....wow, that is one big plant! ...but beautiful too :)

Tammy

o

Could you plz let me have some fortuniana cuttings, i will pay for the cuttings and postage, let me know if available
thx

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Propagation Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here