Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
debnfla8b

Wanted: Sombreuil cuttings

debnfla8b
16 years ago

Does anyone have cuttings of Sombreuil to share? I will gladly send postage.

Deb

Comments (11)

• lynnt
    16 years ago

I havea monster own-root Sombreuil that needs to be whacked back; she is just emerging from winter dormancy, with buds swollen and showing red but not unfurled. Tell me what stage the whips need to be in and how you want them packaged (is wrapping the cut ends in paper towels dampened with UpStart and binding the bases in a plastic bag as I would for other bareroot plants enough?) -- I'd rather they go to a new home than the compost bin.

Lynn

• bamabutterfly
    16 years ago

Hi Lynn,
    Hope I'm not too late, but if you have any Sombreuil left, I sure would love to have one. I can pay postage and/or I have some roots from my Rosa Rugosa. It is tough as leather, and the fragrance is wonderful.
    Thanks,
    Amy

• bjs_grandma
    16 years ago

I hope I'm not to late either. I would love to get some cuttings. I'll gladly pay postage and handling. Let me know.
    Thanks,
    Loretta

• bamabutterfly
    16 years ago

Lynn,
    I sent you an email, if there are still any cuttings available.
    Thanks!
    Amy

• lookin4you2xist
    16 years ago

I can do cuttings of it. Mines been in and out of bloom. Please limit to a few people. Southern Gardeners mainly

• Xtal in Central TX, zone 8b
    6 years ago

Lynn, am I too late to ask to be included? I live in Central Texas and needed a white climber. I'll see if I can send you a personal message. Thanks so much for taking care of so many people who want it.

6 years ago

Am I too late to ask to be included? I live in Central Texas and needed a white climber. Thanks so much for taking care of so many people who want it.

• debnfla8b
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Well I be danged! I am just NOW seeing this comment! I can't believe I didn't see this way back in 2008!!! What a shame, I am SO sorry Lynn! I didn't just ignore your comment for some reason I just didn't see your reply. I still have not got a Sombreuil rose! I bought one from a nursery that was supposed to be Sombreuil but turned out to be the bush Spice. And she never did send a replacement like promised. Again......I am sorry not to have replied, I didn't ignore your reply, just didn't see it. Can't believe it didn't come to my in-box because Xtal sure did, LOL. Do you by chance still have cuttings of Sombreuil to share? If not.....I totally understand!

6 years ago

OMG, I'm so embarrassed that I didn't look at the date of this posting. I think by now, 9 yrs later, I guess I need to be looking elsewhere. Thank you debinfl for bringing that to my attention, too.

• debnfla8b
    Original Author
    6 years ago

LOL Xtal, no problem. I was horrified to realize I had not seen this message from Lynn from 9 years ago! I mean, HORRIFIED, LOL. I still have not got the rose Sombreuil, bought what I thought was the rose but the nursery had sent me the wrong rose. Perhaps one day I will get this rose that is the correct one!

6 years ago

Well, since it's been 9 yrs ago, Lynn might have a different email addy now. You can only try. I'll keep looking. Who knows, maybe she'll surface again for you.

Sponsored
Buckeye Restoration & Remodeling Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars7 Reviews
Central Ohio's Premier Home Remodelers Since 1996