Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
christineincali

Accidental propagation experiment, advice please!

christineincali
17 years ago

Hi Folks, I could use a bit of advice!

I'm a florist with a semi green thumb. I had a bunch of commercially grown "Polo" roses that were imported from South America. I snipped off the rose heads to make corsages and bouquets and I was lazy and left the stems sitting in a bucket of water that had been conditioned with fresh flower food.

Fast forward to several weeks later, rose stems still in the bucket, sitting on my back porch. I walk by today and see new leaf growth on all the stems.. hmm!

I dont see any roots, but the new growth is vigorous. I stripped off the foliage that was beneath the water. I don't know what I should do from here to continue this accidental experiment! the stems on these roses are approximately 14 inches long. Don't know if I should trim them down, change the water or just let them be! Any suggestions would be helpful as I've propagated many things before but never roses.

If it would help with suggestions, I have photos available on my flickr account of the rose variety itself. and could take pics of what I have going on...

Thanks!

Christine

Comments (4)

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor