Return to the Rose Propagation Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
rose cuttings get fungus.

Posted by michelle_4466 z5OH (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 26, 06 at 13:40

I have tried rooting rose cuttings according to all the directions that I have read here as well as on other articles.No matter what I do, after about 3 weeks, they get fungus growth.On the other hand, I tried 4 cuttings outside.I stuck them in the dirt in a shaded area and placed jars over them in last October. Now they all have new shoots!!!
What am I doing wrong when I have them in baggies?Can any one explain?
michelle

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: rose cuttings get fungus.

Michelle, I'm certainly no expert, but it may be as simple as adding too much water to the soil you are putting into the baggie. Try dribbling only a tiny amount over the soil and mix it in with your hands just until you can squeeze it together gently and have it stick together. Or, try the method which calls for putting your soil and cutting into a small pot and then put the pot into the baggie. That way, if you've used too much water it can drain out of the pot, you'll see it in the bottom of the bag and you can open it up, drain off the water and pop the pot back in and close it up again.

o
RE: rose cuttings get fungus.

Annececilia,
Thank you for the advise.I'll give it a try.
michelle

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Propagation Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here